Ras Al Khaimah (RAK) is one of seven emirates of the United Arab Emirates (UAE). It is located in the southern part of the Persian Gulf about 100 km (62 miles) north-east of Dubai. In 2006 the RAK Government introduced legislation allowing the establishment of offshore International Companies (IC’s). It’s the second Free Zone within the UAE to permit the incorporation of these entities. IC’s incorporated under these regulations are relatively quick and easy to set up, inexpensive to incorporate and manage and they offer all the advantages of standard offshore structures as seen in the British Virgin Islands or Cayman Islands. IC’s in Dubai or RAK can only be incorporated through registered agents. An International Business Company in RAK can conduct international business, own real estate in the UAE, be used as a trading vehicle, maintain bank accounts and much more.
Company registration in RAK takes about 48 hours to be completed in combination with opening a bank account. RAK provides total banking privacy with no restrictions on repatriation of capital. In order to stream-line the application process, provide all required documentation and let the professionals expedite the registered incorporation. The documents needed must be in the English language or accompanied by an English notarized translation.
Documents Required :
- A notarized color copy of a valid passport (one copy for each Shareholder, Director, Beneficial Owner, or Authorized Signatory)
- A proof of residential address dated within the last 3 months (for example: a utility bill: one copy for each Shareholder, Director, Beneficial Owner, or Authorized Signatory)
- A notarized copy of a Bank reference (for each Shareholder, Director, Beneficial Owner, Authorized Signatory)
- A short Curriculum Vitae (CV) (for each Director and Shareholder)
- If Shareholders and/or directors are legal entities, it is required to submit a full set of certified company documents. If the company has been operating over a year, a certificate of Good Standing must be submitted.
- You must submit three different company names in order of preference
- Any paid-up capital
The offshore registration of a company in RAK takes approximately 2-3 days since the moment we have received all the necessary documents.